E-mail is of course not dead, but instant messaging has kind of encroached on its territory.
People obviously still send mails, but not as much as they were during the 90s and early-mid 2000s. Lately, brands have started using instant messaging platforms such as WhatsApp, FaceTime, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, and social media platforms such as Twitter & Instagram to reach their customers. But email is still used and if you check your inbox, you’ll see a lot of letters from different businesses.
What is e-mail marketing now?
E-mail marketing is a form of marketing that uses email to promote products or services to customers and potential customers. It can include newsletters, special offers, repeat sales and other forms of communication to keep in contact with customers and improve relationships with them.
Should you invest in email marketing?
E-mails still have an average open rate of around 16.97% and a CTR of around 10.29%. Not bad, right?
So if you can, coming up with an email strategy that complements your PPC, social media, influencer, offline etc. campaigns, is a really good idea. In fact, it’ll add another dimension to your marketing efforts.
The thing to remember with email is to not make it seem spammy. Yes, you need them to open the mail, but resorting to clickbait is not the answer. They’ll just mark your mail as spam and block you.
Send relevant offers to relevant people at relevant times. That usually ends up working.
How to use it for your business?
To use email marketing to increase sales, you can follow these steps:
- Gather a base of contacts: Ask your customers for permission to send them emails in order to build up a base of contacts.
- Identify your target audience: Determine which groups of customers you want to reach and what you want to sell to them.
- Segment the list: Segment your customer list based on their interests and behaviours to target your messages as effectively as possible.
- Develop content: Design quality and attractive emails that will inspire action.
- Testing & Optimization: Track and measure performance: Use analytics and metrics to measure click-through rates and conversion rates, adjust as necessary.
Repeat and Improve! Keep working on recipient response.
Which platforms to use?
If you thought you were going to have to send hundreds of emails manually, good news – much of the process can be automated.
Create and send beautiful letters you can with the next services:
- Constant Contact
Each of them allows to from a template or from the scratch
Manage your customer database is easy with:
And here you can check and improve your texts: